Petitions.nz

WHEN GENOCIDE BECAME "FAMINE" : IRELAND, 1845 - 1850

Contact the author of the petition

Guest#626 May 13, 2015, 23:33
Because it exposses the lie
Guest#627 May 13, 2015, 23:35

Because it exposses the lie

Guest#628 May 15, 2015, 13:04
To set history straight. So our children will know what really happened, genocide
Guest#629 May 18, 2015, 22:11
My mother was from Limerick city and she told alot of story's that were handed down by generations of family members that went through the famine
Guest#630 May 18, 2015, 22:54
The truth should be known to all.
Guest#631 May 19, 2015, 03:54
History cannot be changed...but it can be told in truth...so as not to be repeated..."If the lessons of history teach us anything it's that nobody learns the lessons history teaches us." Anonymous
Guest#632 May 20, 2015, 01:02
it's not right to call it a famine when there was plenty of food available, it was shipped to other countries, while my ancestors, either starved or left their homeland.
Guest#633 Jun 02, 2015, 15:03
It was genocide.
Guest#634 Jun 02, 2015, 16:09
I signed this petition because I feel, as a people, our history has been butchered, painted with shame and loaded with lies. It has then been force-fed to our young in such a manner that turns Irish eyes and minds away from our history - which is a fantastic one. The "famine" is one topic that is continuously used as an event to taunt and ridicule Irish people. I would like to see the memory of those who were left to die honored in the appropriate manner; in truth.
Guest#635 Jun 03, 2015, 11:28
To Support my heritage.
I agree with the petition.
Guest#636 Jun 04, 2015, 16:30
Rather than condemn this heinous act, it is better to understand the motives of any party who would have an interest in doing such a thing: Hence, I can only conclude that in times of scarcity, it was an effective cull on those less fortunate in terms of their material wealth, and were seen as not being capable of contributing to the capitalist exploitation that still goes on today
Alexo#637 Jun 04, 2015, 16:32

Re:

#629: -  

 FAMINE????..  What famine?   (amazing how we have become brainwashed to use the terms most learned in their youth)

Guest#638 Jun 04, 2015, 22:02
To show the proper respect due to the people who died through no fault of their own.
Guest#639 Jun 05, 2015, 21:48
Because the English are lying murdering bastards. For too long they have been able to cover up their genocide of my people. I'm sick of being told it was good for my people to be murdered because some survived this horrific treatment by their owners, and managed to stay alive in America. The English think they are better than the Germans, when in fact they inspired the Nazis. Would the Nazis have murdered millions if the English hadn't gotten away with doing the same thing?
Guest#640 Jun 14, 2015, 14:39
I think it's important that the truth should come out for future generations to know what has happened and to know it can happen to anyone again no matter where they live race or political beliefs!All the people who died deserve the truth to not be hidden they deserve to be honored! Why is it no one talks about this it's just swept under the rug!
JeanneO#641 Jun 15, 2015, 01:02

History

For all our kin who died so that we may live. And for my children to know the history I am so proud of

Guest#642 Jun 17, 2015, 02:33
For my ancestors who have died and my ancestors who are alive and being lied to.
Guest#643 Jun 17, 2015, 16:18
The Great Hunger by Cecil Woodham-Smith should be required reading in all high schools.
Guest#644 Jun 24, 2015, 14:26
My ancesters on my Grandmothers side came from the county cork He was a stone mason . I believe the city was Belfast .
I am very Proud to be of IRISH decent .+
May God Bless All.
Dee Vachon Of Ont. Canada 24/06/15
Guest#645 Jun 24, 2015, 18:36
Let's hope the message gets out
Guest#646 Jun 28, 2015, 02:06
I believe strongly that calling it the famine is an injustice.I was born in Canada but my dad came from Donegal. My adult children and now my grandchildren and most people that know me know how I feel about this. When Victoria day weekend comes every year I made sure to let everyone know I was not celebrating. In fact one year when the neighbours on our street were once again gathering to set off fireworks I went about distributing warm scone slathered in butter in memory my ancestors who may have been part of this genocide.I gave them a little history lesson and left. Some came by for more scone..
Guest#647 Jun 28, 2015, 12:18
truth needs told and how did this word famine start was there people inside school curriculum working az agents to call this a famine absolutely disgusting
Guest#648 Jul 14, 2015, 19:41
I am an Irish descendant. My ancestors were in the "potato famine". Let's call it what it was, genocide.
Guest#649 Jul 18, 2015, 09:13
I signed this petition because I read many years ago Paddy's Lament , by Thomas Gallagher and I know there was an artificial "Famine", actually there was a lot of food in Ireland. Through British Tyranny the food went to England and the Irish Catholics starved because they only had the black potato. The English had laws that the Irish could not fish in the rivers or lakes, they could not hunt on Irish lands. Why? Because the English took our lands and made it their own. The Brits made laws for every aspect of Irish Catholic life. Aspects that only served the British. Ray Brown, M.A.
Guest#650 Jul 19, 2015, 16:49
Sadly the then British Govt. deliberately failed to help the peoples of Ireland while accepting that they were dying of hunger. Perhaps subsequent govts. could have found it in their hearts to admit to the short comings of the past.